Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ragnar Wasatch back Relay




Me Steph and Elizabeth competed in the Wasatch back. We ran from Logan to Park City on a Relay team 180 miles. It was definitely the hardest thing I have ever done. We started running at 8:20 Friday Morning and didn't finish until about 5:00 on Saturday. We got 1-2 hours of sleep in the car. We ran, ate,slept repeat for 34 hours. The 12 of us had 3 legs we had to run. I ran 17 miles, Elizabeth ran 16, and Steph ran 15. The hard part was running with out sleep in the middle of the day 95 degrees. It is amazing what you can push your body through. A lot of people think that it is harder than a marathon just because it is so exhausting. I don't know about 26 miles straights I begin to loose my mind. Any way it was tons of fun can't wait to do it again. Only next time I am not running 7.5 miles up a Avon pass(a hug mountain)

7 comments:

Kelsie said...

amber, what the heck, i did that race too. which legs were you. i ran 10, it was so dang hard... that mnt. killed me cause it was my last run in the middle of the day.... to bad i didn't see you there....

Anonymous said...

Way to go! You guys are amazing :)

Brit said...

What an awesome race! Way to go! I have no doubt you could do a marathon!:) We are getting together in Logan for a picnic July 26th! Let me know if you can come!

Roxie said...

ALL I CAN SAY IS YOU GALS ARE SO BUFF!

The Huffs said...

Amber you are so awesome! Next time you do that... invite me!

Miquelin and Jeremy Smith said...

Hey Woman!
It is so ironic that you found me, because I was just talking about you yesterday with Carrie, I girl who just moved into my ward. She used to be on your club team. We were laughing about how awesome you were and you know what you still look like your super woman. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Amber! I ran in that too!! I loved it.. too bad we didn't see you!