Sunday, December 13, 2009

Nose Surgery weekend

I just got surgery on my nose on Thursday. I have always been a mouth breather since I can remember. When I sleep or watch t.v my mouth is usually always open. And if any one knows me really well I never stay up late I always go to bed around 9:00-9:30 because I am so exhausted at the end of the day. Paul's friend got this surgery done and had great results since he can breath better he gets more oxygen and is not so tired any more. So I went to a Ear Nose and throat doctor and he looked up my nose and I had a deviated septum (cricked nose on the inside) so we planned for my surgery, My sister Emily came up with her kids to watch Tacoma and Malia. We had to drive 2 1/2 hours to Vernal to get the surgery because Price doesn't have a ENT. It was a very long day since we got there and they messed up the scheduling they thought I would be the second to have surgery I ended up being the fourth. I had to weight 3 hours in a bed with an IV in my arm until it was my turn. The surgery only took an hour, after surgery they pulled the gauze out of my nose and put a nose bra over my nose It was really painful. Any way the worst part was having to sleep sitting up so I wouldn't swallow any blood at night, and feeling claustrophobic with all this gauze on my face and not being able to breath. My nose is still bleeding but should stop in a couple days. I should be able to work out in 10 days. Emily was awesome she is the perfect preschool teacher she made the boys make snowflakes, Santa clauses and ginger bread houses. I am so grateful she was able to come I don't know what we would have done with out her. Love ya Em

4 comments:

Carolanne said...

No fun! If I had someone to watch Will all day, I would go shopping or catch a movie with my sisters. I wouldn't schedule surgery! :) It sounds pretty miserable right now, but hopefully it will be worth it when everything is healed.

Unknown said...

ugh... that nose bra looks like it would be painful after a surgery. hope everything goes well and you get feeling better soon. heal fast! :)

Gunnell Fam said...

good luck with recovery!

The Huffs said...

Nose surgery? Who gets nose surgery? J/K I am glad you will be able to sleep better.