Monday, December 16, 2013

Ezra Paul Smith born on Dec 5th 2013



I thought my fourth child was so pose to be a easier to deliver. My first three children I delivered within 2 hours of getting to the hospital. I have delivered all 4 of my children naturally with out an epidural. But If I would have known that I was going to be in labor over 6 hours I might have got one. With this baby I started having contractions around midnight and waited until two to go to the hospital. When I got to the hospital I was only dialated to 6 1/2. The contractions were not as consistent as with the other children I didn't deliver until 6:45 am. It was the longest night of our lives. I have never stayed up that long. The other three were all born during the day. We had to call our friend Becky Peterson to come sleep on our couch that night and had a lot of help from friends to watch our kids that day and the next until my mom got there two days later. My sister Stephany had her baby on Nov. 30th so my mom was going from helping Steph to helping me. My mom stayed the whole week she helped so much by cleaning and taking care of the girls while I slept. Ezra looks exactly like Tacoma I felt like I had delivered the same baby again. My dad commented that now we have an Oreo family 2 white kids 2 dark kids.  He has been my best baby so far. He is sleeping 4 to 5 hours a night and sleeps most of the day. The girls love to help change him and take care of him. Naomi is not jealous at all of him she thinks he is her little doll and wants to hold him all day.


















































1 comment:

The Huffs said...

Congrats Amber and Paul. Love the name. We thought about it with Hyrum. Amber I want to play soccer so count me in.