Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Tacoma is born in Puyallup Washington


Tacoma William Smith
Tacoma was born the 29th, of June 2007. He weighed 6 lbs and 6 oz. You might wonder where Tacoma got his name. Me and Paul had many names in mind but could not decide on any. My little brother Stevie mentioned to us to call him Tacoma because that is what they where calling him on the basketball team. I thought it was a joke but Paul liked it and researched the meaning of the name. It is the name of one of the largest cities in Washington, is Hebrew for the ability to stand ones ground. In fact, Tacoma is referred to in Leviticus 26:37 warns that if you don’t follow Gods laws you will not have Tacomah the ability to stand firm before your enemies
Also in Archaic Hebrew word Tacoma is in reference to a Resurrection in the last day
Also Indigenous name for Mount Rainier, deriving from the puyallup tacobet indians "mother of waters"

3 comments:

The Huffs said...

OK Amber... he is way cute! I can't figure who he looks like. Keep posting picutres. I love them!

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

Amber...I'm so glad I found you through Missy's blog! How are you guys? He is so precious! I can't believe he is 5 months old! Where did the time go and I haven't even seen him yet. I want to try to see you over Christmas break...we'll be in Salt Lake for two weeks starting this Monday! My blog is: www.mailes.blogspot.com

Love ya ~ Heather

Brit said...

Amber!! How are you! I was soo soo excited when I read your post on our blog! Your little boy is beautiful. I cant wait to hear more about your sweet family. We had a short visit for christmas, but will be coming back up to cache valley in february. Are you going to play in the alumni tournament? We all need to get together and have roomate reunion!