Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Potty training Disaster

I started to potty train Tacoma with hopes that he will be potty trained before the baby gets here in July. It was the most exhausting day of my life. I didn't think it would be that hard. Any way I just let him go commando most of the day and gave him tons to drink. I set the timer so that I could put him on the potty every 30 min. Well I got him to sit on the potty for 30 min. I brought his potty to the kitchen I read him books and fed him treats. After thirty min. of nothing I let him go play five minutes later I hear some grunting so I run over pick him up and try to put him on the potty he threw a fit kicking and screaming and some poop went flying. Then he stepped on it. But we were able to get a little bit in. I thought it was a success. so I gave him tons of praise candy stickers and we went and bought him some new undies. We started again after the trip to the store. My sister called so I let him go and play when I went to find him he had pooped on the carpet. I am going to keep trying but this is messy business. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

7 comments:

Dustin and Cammie said...

Hey what some fun times. One thing I did to help with the messes was I would put underwear on Macie and then some plastic pants over the underwear. That way Macie could feel it when she wet herself but the mess didn't get on my carpet near as much. Good luck, we are still working on it. It is really hard for some kids and really easy for others.

Emily King Family said...

Dont give up, your doing good. It just takes consistency. Its hard now but its worth it in the end.

luv ya

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

YEAH for potty training. Max only had a few poop accidents ever, because he hates being messy. When he had an accident in his underwear I had him take it off and put the poop in potty. I would remind him that the poop goes in the potty not in his big boy underwear. It is exhausting, but don't give up...it will get easier everyday! Love ya!

Ben and Michelle said...

Sorry, but I don't have any advice because we don't have kids yet. It sounds like you are doing a good job. I guess just keep it up!!!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Good luck with this one! I too have tried to train my son who is now 3 before our baby comes in AUgust..and I think he might get it still. He still has a little trouble with pooping, but poor kid has been constipated since birth.
Lots of praise is great for both of you! :) Being prego and potty training aren't the best things to combine I have decided, but if you have the will power for it. I have heard that boys are harder, but who knows that's all I have! hahahah
It took Ethan like a solid month to really get it, yeah, not all kids are like this. It's taken until now, almost 4 months later for him to really say to me MOM I HAVE TO PEE! And he can hold it!
Good luck, have patience, and let your hubby help if you can becuase it's EXHAUSTING!!!

Stevie Tracy said...

Amber,

Que lindo Tacoma, uno nunca sabe cuan inteligentes los niños son hasta que uno les da la oportunidad de aprender nuevas cosas, siempre he creido que un niño no esta demasiado pequeño para aprender, ellos traen la gran luz de la preexistencia, la capacidad de aprender lo imposible. Buen trabajo Amber!!

Reena Bostock said...

Looks like your figureing it out somewhat! When you get the secret pass it my way.