Sunday, November 16, 2014

Burst appendix October 17th 2014

This has been an interesting summer for me first I started taking antidepressants for the first time. pulled my hamstring so have been in and out of running all summer when I payed $90 to run the St. George Marathon. I finally look back at this summer and think it was a blessing that I got hurt. I was so exhausted when training and I kept getting sick. I had three episodes of intense stomach pain 1 time in June, I thought it was the flu I was up all night with intense pain in my stomach and nausea and was in pain all week but slowly recovered the second time was in September the same thing with intense pain and cramping in my stomach but this time my stomach was swollen and hard and I had a hard time walking any bump would give me intense pain and then I got so constipated I thought I was going to die. But I slowly got better and thought I just got sick the doctor said it could be colitis and if it happens again they might do a colonoscopy. The third time it happened was Saturday night I felt fine all day but when I went to sleep I started to get intense pain on my right lower side of my abdomen which spread to the rest of my stomach. The pain was so intense my body started to shake and I couldn't get it to stop I told paul to give a loratab. Within 5 minutes I felt my stomach start to relax and my body felt better. The next day my stomach was still sore and I slept for 6 hours. Every day after I started to feel better. I even ran 8 miles with my friend Julianne on Thursday. I didn't think I needed to go to the doctor again, but Paul convinced me to go the doctor who didn't think it was my appendix but ordered a cat scan just in case. By the time my insurance cleared me to get a Cat Scan it was Friday. I felt fine that day Steph was up with her kids for Uhea and we were getting ready to go to Moab when they called me back that they need to do an emergency appendectomy that day. So I packed a bag and me and paul went to hospital while I left my kids with my mom and steph. . I had a ruptured appendix for five days The rupture spread infection all over my abdomen that the surgeon had to clean it out and put a tube to drain it out. I'm not so pose to lift more than 10 lbs for 3 weeks. But that didn't last long since I have a 21 lb 10 month old who is still nursing. I've been on really strong antibiotics ever since. I have recovered really fast and feel better. I'm grateful for my mom who stayed with me and helped me with kids for 2 weeks. I could not have done it with out her. Everyone reminds me how lucky I am to be alive. It was a very humbling experience that really made me grateful for the gospel, priesthood blessings and my family. Looking back I am glad I pulled my hamstring and had to stop training for the marathon because knowing me I would have ran the marathon with a burst appendix and definitely would be dead right now.

No comments: